Coil Spring Damper Upgrade 2019 RE+ Pro

Has anyone installed a coil Damper in a 2019 RE+ or similar frame geometry Rotwild? If so, which ones fit? I’m looking at a RockShox SUPER DELUXE COIL ULTIMATE, or VIVID R2C, as I already switched the front fork to a ZEB Ultimate and am very happy with that. :wink:

Hi Chris, on my former RE+ I used a Cane Creek double barrel coil inline. I was super happy with it, although it took quite some time to find the perfect setup. Any damper with a piggy back won’t work IMO, as it will hit the frame when fully compressed.

Hi Geas, Thanks for the reply… I had already found your earlier post which proved to me that it is possible! So did you go for the DBcoil IL then? Did you need any special bushings or adapters with that, and if I’m 80kg inc gear, which spring would you recommend? Thanks!

I used the 200x57mm CC DB Coil IL. No adapters needed. Bushings from the fox damper which was installed. With 84kg (excluding any riding gear) a 2.25 x 500 VALT Spring was just perfect.

Geas, Thanks so much for that info, its so useful. I’m ordering today. I’ll let you know how I get on! :wink:

My pleasure! Have fun and take your time for the setup. It might take a while to find the sweetspot.